January 20, 2009

History Part I: New Era & DMF

It's been awhile, we know. I know. However we have all been working over the winter break to bring about new designs and an exciting future to all aspects of Dazzle Me Formal.

How about a little history lesson for everyone? Last week I asked Seabass to give me the low down on the history of New Era Cap and Dazzle Me Formal, this is what he said:

When Chest asked me to write a little bit about our relationship with New Era Cap, I couldn't help but get stoked. TONS of people have asked me in the past what Dazzle has going on with New Era so I will take this opportunity to answer everyone.

When I was 18, after emailing, calling, and explaining what I wanted to do with New Era & Dazzle, I received a phone call from a New Era Cap representative. The representative then sent me a form via email that I filled out. Later when we spoke again the representative said: “Sean, everything looks great, let’s put you right into production.” At that point, we began our arrangement with New Era as the only company in Buffalo allowed a retail deal, and as the owner and founder, I proudly became one of the youngest people to ever achieve a partnership with New Era Cap. 

I was then put in touch with Linda at the New Era offices. When we first visited, Linda showed us around to the indoor batting cages, baseball field, and training facilities (pictures below), and then we got down to designing. Ever since then we have been visiting Linda regularly sitting down to design caps. I have never met a person who has a knowledge of caps and color combinations better than Linda. If we come in with an idea she will have no problem expressing her opinion, good or bad, without hesitation.

Whenever Dazzle Me Formal makes a trip into New Era we are always greeted with smiling faces and great color concepts. Every aspect of New Era is amicable, cordial, and comforting. They treat us like family and value our opinions. Additionally, they let us in on the new products, fabrics, and colors way ahead of the rest of the game. Our relationship with New Era is precious. We couldn't be more excited on our situation; we plan on taking full advantage and continuing to release the freshest caps designed in Buffalo, NY.

Always,
Chest




No comments: